Autism-Europe thanks to the cooperation of with Autism Speaks and NYSE Euronext highlighted the third annual World Autism Awareness Day (WAAD), a day prior to WAAD, and Autism Awareness Month with the first-ever global bell ringing across NYSE Euronext markets in Europe and the United States.
NYSE Euronext global bell ringings included:
- Evelyne Friedel, President of Autism-Europe, rang the closing bell at NYSE Euronext Paris;
- Aurélie Baranger, Director of Autism-Europe rang the opening bell at NYSE Euronext Brussels;
- Fred Stekelenburg, President of the Dutch Autism Association (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Autisme) sounded the closing gong;
- Isabel Cotinelli Telmo, President of Federação Portuguesa de Autismo and President of APPDA-Lisboa, rang the opening bell at NYSE Euronext Lisbon; and
- Suzanne and Bob Wright, co-founders of Autism Speaks, the world’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, rang The Opening BellSM, joined by Duncan Niederauer, CEO of NYSE Euronext, rang the opening bell in New York.