Until October 23 2019, you can provide your feedback to the European Commission on the impact of the European disability strategy 2010-2020 on the lives of people on the autism spectrum, and/or with other disabilities.
The European Commission has opened a public consultation to know citizens’ and stakeholders’ opinion on the activities carried out by the EU since 2010 for the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities at EU level, and for the better inclusion of persons with disabilities into society. These activities were carried out through a wide set of initiatives which are a part of the European Disability Strategy 2010-2020.
The information collected will be used to assess what has been achieved during the 2010-2020 period. It will also help the Commission to draw lessons on how to improve disability policy in the future, making it more effective and focused.
The consultation will end on 23 October 2019 (midnight Brussels time).
Responding to the questionnaire
You can contribute to this consultation by filling in the online questionnaire. If you are unable to use the online questionnaire, please contact us using the email address below:
Questionnaires are available in some or all official EU languages. You can submit your responses in any official EU language.
For reasons of transparency, organisations and businesses taking part in public consultations are asked to register in the EU’s Transparency Register.
Visit the website to fill the questionnaire (available online in all official languages of the EU).
Qualified contributions are particularly sought from:
- Persons with disabilities and their families
- Organizations representing persons with disabilities
- Officers of public administrations at EU, national and local level involved in social policy and/or who are responsible for the management and implementation of European funds (notably the European Social Fund – ESF and the European Regional Development Fund ERDF).
- Social workers
- Organizations and NGO’s active in the field of disability
- Companies and businesses active in the delivery of services for persons with disabilities or active in the field of assistive technology
The European disability strategy 2010-2020
The European disability strategy 2010-2020 is the EU’s main policy document in the field of disability and it sets out objectives and actions for implementing disability policy at EU level. The European Commission is carrying out a public consultation to assess how the strategy was implemented during the period 2010-2020.