Autism-Europe recruits a full-time communication officer for a 6-month fixed-term contract (maternity leave cover).
Autism-Europe (AE) recruits a communication-fundraising officer for its Brussels based Secretariat. Reporting to the Director and the Communications Manager , the Communications Officer will assist with media relations, publications, online presence and events. He/she will manage internal and external information tools and coordinate the AE awareness raising campaigns as well as its dissemination work.
Roles and responsibilities
- Implementing and developing Autism-Europe’s communication strategy (website, online and offline publications, social media, media relations, advertisement, easy-to-read versions, awareness-raising documents, graphic design, etc.), under the supervision of the Director and the Executive committee.
- Managing the implementation of the awareness-raising campaign – in particular around World Autism Awareness Day
- Monitoring of the implementation of the dissemination strategy
- Liaising with designers and printers to produce high-quality materials
- Implementing the communication strategy of different European projects (including website, social media, newsletters, etc.) in which AE is the lead dissemination partner
- Contributing to internal communication and liaising with members
- Contributingto the organization of governing bodies meetings as well as conferences and events.
- Representing AE at events and meetings across Europe
- Developing press contacts and promoting AE visibility
- Implementing fund-raising activities
- Supporting the Director in drafting project applications and reports about ongoing projects
Requirements for the position
- Degree in communications or journalism
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Interest in promoting awareness of autism
- Experience in website content management (ex. WordPress), including good understanding of information architecture; website ergonomics and accessibility
- Experience in effectively managing promotion and outreach through websites, newsletter mailing system (Mailchimp) and social media
- Strong graphic design, art/illustration, and visual storytelling background with a creative aesthetic
- IT proficiency (MS Office tools and – Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience managing high-profile events
- Knowledge of EU policy and understanding of disability issues
- Perfect conversational skills to use with members and external stakeholders
- A flexible and can do approach, ability to work to tight deadlines
- Pro-active, ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Attention to details
- Ability to function in small team
- Ability to work autonomously and to take initiatives
- Additional degree in European Policy / Social Science / similar field
- Fluency in French, knowledge of another European language
- Video and Image editing skills including technical skills in Adobe (InDesign, Premiere Pro)
- Familiarity with the international non-profit sector
What we offer
6-months contract according to Belgian law. Interviews will take place in Brussels.
A competitive salary in line with experience and skills.
Start date: February 2020
- Please send your CV and a cover letter and details of two persons who can be contacted for references to: email@example.com with ‘Communications Officer: YOUR NAME’ in the subject field.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and an assessment in our Brussels office.
- The deadline for applications is 20th January 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.