- Cet évènement est passé
1st Regional Autism Conference (RAC 2020).- Muscat, Oman
janvier 24 - janvier 26
In view of the current situation in Oman and neighboring countries, this regional conference looks to bring light to children on the autism spectrum and related health disorders in Oman. Acting as a platform for integration between different regional and local stakeholders, this integrative multidisciplinary conference looks to target parents, educators and health care professionals.
The Conference aims to bring light to autistic children and related health disorders, targeting parents, educators and healthcare professionals. Keynote international and local experts will provide the latest scientific information with the most recent evidence based knowledge through a series of lectures, presentations, panel discussions and comprehensive workshops.
The conference aims to develop a co-operative and integrated approach for planning, commissioning and managing autism services within governmental organizations. Furthermore, to improve technical skills, boost international awareness and enhance collaborations and exchange of ideas.
The objective of the conference is to improve technical skills, boost international awareness and enhance collaborations and exchange of ideas. Over the duration of the conference, the suggested themes will be tackled by the proposed international, regional and local experts in the following ways:
- State-of-the-art Lectures: Each international expert is a leader in the field that he/she will speak about
- Presentations: On research output from local, regional and international scholars. It will enhance collaboration, exchanging knowledge and enriching experts’ input
- Workshops: To target educational staff, social developmental staff and primary care staff. These workshops will be delivered by experts in specific fields
- Panel Discussions: Open to all participants, to be delivered and chaired by international, regional and local experts that will educate and eliminate all misconceptions about individuals, especially children with autism
- To establish a common understanding of autism between Ministries in Oman and regional neighbours on current approaches for measuring and diagnosing children with an ASD
- To identify needs and gaps in the literature and practice of caring for autistic children
- To identify best ways to advocate for better care of children with autism
- To provide basic training methods to participants who are seeking to better understand caring for children and other individuals with autism
- To review legislation in Oman and neighbouring countries on the protection of children with autism and other disabilities