The Autism-Europe Council of Administration meeting was held in Brussels on November 30 to December 1, 2013. Around 40 representatives of European autism organisations gathered together to discuss and vote on issues related to Autism-Europe’s activities and membership.
Highlights from the meeting include:
- Presentation of the European collaborative projects in which Autism-Europe is involved;
- Presentation of the results of the Autism-Europe International Congress 2013;
- Update on the organisation of the Autism-Europe International Congress 2016;
- Decision on the theme of the World Autism Awareness Day 2014 campaign: “Autism and work. Together we can”.
- Representatives from Iceland and Latvia joined the Council of Administration;
- Presentation of a programme from L’Oréal Italy to employ people with autism;
- Presentation of the smartphone application ‘Scan How ’ to help people with autism with daily tasks.