A research report on hate crimes against people with autism and learning disabilities in the United Kingdom has been published.
The ‘Living in Fear’ report includes:
- Statistics on the number of people with autism and learning disabilities who have been victims of hate crimes;
- The experiences and characteristics of victims;
- Information on perpetrators;
- Barriers faced by victims when reporting incidents and seeking support;
- The impact that the experiences and fears of victimisation have on wellbeing;
- The difficulties faced by police in responding to reports.
This research project that produced the report was carried out by Autism London, MCCH, the Kent Police and the Tizard Centre at the University of Kent (United Kingdom).
View the entire report or just the executive summary (English only)