The main purpose of these recommendations is to improve the quality of health and medico-social interventions for autistic adults to promote greater social inclusion and quality of life. The recommendations are part of the Autism Plan 2013-2017 (file 12). It was jointly developed by the Anesm (French national agency for the evaluation of social services and medico-social establishments) and the HAS (the high authority on health).
The themes that are discussed are:
- the transition from adolescence to adulthood;
- the participation of autistic adults;
- reminders about diagnosis and assessments of functioning in adults;
- interventions on the environment of the person (family, professionals, living environment);
- accompaniment of autistic adults and evaluation of the expected effects;