Following its campaign on access to employment and education “I can LEARN. I can WORK” to mark World Autism Awareness Day (2 April), Autism-Europe hosts the free on-demand webinar: “The importance of quality Vocational Education and Training for inclusion: the success story of the Erasmus+ project ChildIN”. The 2-hour webinar will take place on Tuesday, April 21st at 10:00 (CET), and an on demand version will be available after.
Autistic people and their families, professionals, associations, policy-maker and other interested parties are invited to take part on this collaborative event about EU Vocational Education and Training (VET) policies and good practices for fostering inclusion of autistic people. The Erasmus+ project ChildIN, of which Autism-Europe is partner, will be presented in detail as a success story.
In the first part of the event, a selected panel of speakers representing the disability communities and child (rights/care) and family representatives, as well as other relevant policymakers’ stakeholders in the field of VET, from regional, national, and European level will take the floor:
- Lucia Ďuriš Nicholsonová – Chair of European Parliament Committee on Employment and Social Affairs (EMPL).
- Ilana Cicurel – Member of the European Parliament
- Marie-Béatrice Levaux – European Federation for Family Employment and Homecare (EFFE)
- Camille Roux – COFACE Families Europe
- Zuzsanna Konradova – Eurochild
The second part of the event will be exclusively devoted to present the outcomes and the policy recommendations of the Erasmus+ project ChildIN (Training childminders across Europe for inclusion), with partner organisations from France, Portugal, and Poland.
- Radka Maxová – Member of the European Parliament
- Alain Lassus –President of the French Department of La Nièvre
- Rui Pena – Cooperativa Comenius, Portugal
- Aurélie Baranger – Autism-Europe
- Nadège Turco – IPERIA l’Institut
- Beata Traczewska-Skóra – Techpal, Poland
- Gloria Ortiz – IPERIA L’Institut