Under the motto “Happy Journey through Life” Autism-Europe’s 13th International Congress will take place in Cracow, Poland, and in hybrid format, on October 7-9, 2022. It will be hosted by Autism-Europe member, Fundacja JiM.
Autism-Europe is delighted to present the seven keynotes speakers confirmed:
- Brian Boyd – Professor and Director of the Juniper Gardens Children’s Project at the University of Kansas. He has been heavily engaged in research involving the most vulnerable and marginalized populations.
- Isabel Dziobek – Professor of Clinical Psychology of Social Interaction and Head of the University Outpatient Clinic for Social Interaction at Humboldt University in Berlin. She is a psychotherapist interested in understanding mechanisms of processing social information.
- Ewa Furgal – Founder and President of the Girls on the Spectrum Foundation, a Polish organization empowering autistic girls and women. She’s an activist and educator. One of Poland’s best known autistic women.
- Connie Kasari – Professor of Psychiatry at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. She has published widely on topics related to social, emotional, and communication development.
- Catherine Lord – Distinguished Professor-in-Residence School of Medicine at UCLA and a Senior Research Scientist in the Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. She has been involved in the development of standardized diagnostic instruments like ADOS and ADI-R.
- Emily Simonoff – Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the head of the Department and Academic Lead for the CAMHS Clinical Academic Group in King’s Health Partners. She is best known for her work on co-occurring mental health difficulties (particularly anxiety) and autism.
- Petrus de Vries – Sue Struengmann Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Director of the Centre for Autism Research in Africa and the Adolescent Health Research Unit at the University of Cape Town. He is best know for his work on delivering trainings and offering support for families in low-income countries
We are working on the congress´ website, which will be ready in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!
You can find more information about the keynotes speakers here.