For 2022, the council of administration members decided to use the motto of the 13th Autism-Europe’s Congress – “A Happy Journey through life”– which is at the heart of Autism-Europe’s mission to promote quality of life for autistic people. The theme of the congress illustrates the fact that a holistic approach is needed across the lifespan to ensure that autistic people can live happy and fulfilling lives.
Throughout the campaign, we will highlight the needs of autistic people in relation to various policy priorities, at the EU, national, regional and local levels. AE and its members will raise awareness of various issues such as access to education, health, employment, social inclusion, community support services, etc. At the EU-level, ensuring that the implementation of the new Strategy for the rights of persons with disabilities 2021-2030 and the European Pillar of Social Rights Action Plan take into account the needs of autistic people will be central to our advocacy.
Remember to use #AutismDay2022 on social media!
The campaign´s aims
AE wants to show what “a happy journey through life” for autistic people and their families is by:
• Collecting and sharing testimonies and experiences from autistic people and their families on what happiness means to them.
• Promoting the artistic point of view of autistic people to illustrate what happiness is to them.
• Sharing key policy messages through different social media channels highlighting what needs to change to promote happy and fulfilling lives for autistic people and their families.
Find out how to engage with the campaign by checking the toolkit!
One of the campaign’s mission is to give visibility to what a happy life means for autistic people and their family. Therefore, we have launched an art competition: to give autistic people the chance to show through art what happiness means to them.
We invite you to send us artistic visual pieces, that reflects your passions, something you love to do in life, something that makes you happy. You can submit a photography, collage, painting, etc.
1. The winning artistic piece and other participants’ entries will be featured in the #AutismDay2022 campaign on social media and the AE´s 13th International Congress (giving proper credits to the authors)
2. The winner will have 1 full online access ticket to the 13th Autism-Europe International Congress. This ticket includes access to HD online transmissions of all sessions, 6 months of access to presentations, videos and extra materials. Online interactive poster session and networking online sessions during the Congress.
Read here the Terms & Conditions of the competition
Deadline: March, 21 2022 – 23.59 CEST
Survey to share your testimony
A key element of the campaign will be sharing the voice and testimonies of autistic people and their families on what constitutes a good quality of life to foster positive change in society.
That is why we invite you to answer our survey and share your experiences! Also, it would be great if you can share the survey among your network.
The survey is available in Spanish and English. If you would like to translate it to your language, please contact email@example.com
Deadline to fill in the survey: March, 15 2022 – 23;59 CET
The campaign toolkit
The campaign toolkit explains the rationale of the campaign and outlines in detail how and when you can support the campaign in whichever way you prefer. The toolkit includes visuals for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as well as key messages that you can include in your social media posts.
Would you like to translate the materials into your language?
Access this Dropbox folder where you can find instructions for translations!